I Am A Proud Member of Vets For Freedom

For up to date progress in the War In Iraq, please visit Vets For Freedom, an organization I am proud to be a member in good standing of.

Veteran's Suicide Hot Line Number!

1-800-273-TALK (8255) Call this number if you need help!!

A Vast Collection Of Buzzings At Memeorandum

If you wish to catch a buzz without the usual after affects, CLICK TO MEMEORANDUM. (It will not disturb the current page) That will be all. We now return to regular programming.

This Blog Is Moving

Greetings. After this weekend, this Take Our Country Back Blog will be moving to the new web site. Too many conservatives are getting zapped by the intolerant dweebs of the Obama Goons and seeing that this editing platform is a free site, Blogger can do pretty much what it feels like doing. Hence, I now have a paid site and will be migrating the last 1400+ posts shortly.

So, one day, you just may click this page somewhere and it will show up as "private". It has been fun but the intolerant Czarbie Goon Squads are brain dead idiots. They can come play at the new site which I OWN outright.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Writings of Forrest Langley...An American Hero






I met Forrest Langley through our Patriots For Conservative Principals group. I have tried to read his writings and poetry and this is the first one I have been able to make it all the way through.

Finally, in Washington DC, as the Vets For Freedom convened in a BAB dinner, I physically met Forrest Langley, a thrice decorated American Hero. We chit-chatted and got to know each other a little better.

Below is the first writing I have made all the way through. The gist of the message is this:

“For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”


Battle
Cry



O` The depths of wars horrors to others are unknown,

I have no vocabulary to explain; I just sigh and groan,

Soldiers died now their families no more will them see,

They bled, and died O the awesome cost for your liberty.

The IED Blasts caused soldiers brain damage; now blasted insane,

Post Traumatic Stress disorder causes Soldiers to be deranged,

The person I was before the war, that person doesn’t exist anymore,

When im alone I cry rivers, O god my God the unseen horrors of war.

The cries of the children for their father; silent dead in his grave,

Yet he died a hero His humvee exploded in flames. he died very brave,

~Kaboom~ horror settles upon them like a terrible black nightmare,

Numb by the bomb blast. His legs blown off, just too much for him to bear.

From war soldiers come home, and see ghosts that no one else can see,

Traumatic nightmares and flashbacks just will not let them go free,

They rode and they marched and seen comrades blown slam apart,

The depths and horrors of war. Cries of families with a broken heart.

From the Army disabled Soldiers are discharged with such little pay,

Spouse has to quit work and stay home her lost soldier is just not ok,

Black darkened gloom set in the money we have wont make ends meet,

O Will we lose our land, car, and home and have to live on the street?

The Terrors of Wars horrors don’t end they’re still haunting us today,

Lord God let me come home from wars terrors please help me this day,

Please don’t misunderstand me all this is a pleasant misery I do endure,

a great honor to sacrifice for my country to make freedom more sure.

Forrest Langley



God bless you Forrest Langley and may a gentle wind be upon your back.

Trackback: Wake Up America




Visitor Tracker