In the context of seeking hate crime prosecution in a Californian assault case, CAIR brought up a statement by CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper.
“Our nation’s religious, political and community leaders need to address the growing anti-Muslim rhetoric on the Internet and on talk radio that can lead to such incidents,”Hooper was demanding enforcement of Islamic blasphemy laws, implying that assaults on Muslims are directly linked to criticism of Islam by bloggers and talk radio hosts. He was echoing the rhetoric of U.N. General Assembly and UNHRC resolutions condemning "defamation of Islam".
- Deplores the use of the print, audio-visual and electronic media, including the Internet, and any other means to incite acts of violence, xenophobia or
related intolerance and discrimination against Islam or any other religion, as well as targeting of religious symbols
- Also urges States to provide, within their respective legal and constitutional systems, adequate protection against acts of hatred, discrimination,
intimidation and coercion resulting from defamation of religions, to take all possible measures to promote tolerance and respect for all religions and their value systems and to complement legal systems with intellectual and moral strategies to combat religious hatred and intolerance;
5- Incitement to racial, national and religious hatredIn recent months, there have been news reports of rioting and anti-Christian pogroms in India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria & Kenya. When do those events take place? When did the rioting over the Danish Cartoons take place? Why do riots happen immediately after Juma prayer services? What is preached in those sermons?
- There is a need for further clarifying and reinforcing at the international level existing obligations on the eradication of all incitement to hatred and ' discrimination in any form and to prohibit by law, propaganda for war and advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence.
- In this context, complementary standards to be developed should observe the following parameters:
- Article 4 of ICERD shall be extended to the crime of incitement to racial hatred covering offenses motivated by religious hatred against immigrant communities.
- The protection provided shall extend to all individuals and groups within the jurisdiction of the State Party.
- The prohibitions shall equally cover acts committed by any individual, group or organization, including political and media organizations as well as by national or local public authorities.
- The provisions shall apply to any act which, in purpose or effect, incites discrimination, hostility or violence.
Muslims want Fiitna and similar revelations criminalize because the connection between the Qur'an & Islamic sermons and riots is revealed therein. They want this and similar blog posts criminalize because I expose their hypocrisy. Predators who slither in dark crevices and under rocks do not like being exposed in the light of truth.
“There is no justification for hate speech or incitement to violence,” Ban said in a statement. “The right of free expression is not at stake here.” [Emphasis added.]
The Secretary General labeled Fitna "hate speech" & "incitement to violence" . Click the link and watch the documentary. Where is the hate speech? Where is the incitement? They are only in the Qur'an, hadith & Kutbah displayed; they do not flow from the lips of Geert Wilders.
There is plenty of hate speech and incitement to violence in the Qur'an, enough to make Islam a constant static violation of ICERD & ICCPR. This fact is fully documented in the International Qur'an Petition. It is Islam that must be outlawed, not 'Islamophobia'.