Pakistan suddenly withdrew the OIC's Draft Resolution Condemning a Call to 'Burn a Qur'an Day'. Beyond the usual boiler plate references, the draft had five main points.
- Condemnation of
- 'Burn a Koran Day'
- advocacy of religious hatred that constitutes incitement to
- upon international community to stand against such events which
- undermine peaceful coexistence
- create an environment conducive to violence; reprisal
- upon all states to condemn & oppose advocacy of religious hatred that constitutes incitement to
- Urges the international community to support all international and regional initiatives to promote cross-cultural and interfaith harmony.
SIHUASAK PHUANKETKEOW, President of the Council, said in view of the growing number of instances of religious intolerance such as discrimination, conflating a religion with terrorism, or desecrating or destroying holy books, religious sites or shrines, he had been empowered by the agreement of all Council members to make the following statement on behalf of the Human Rights Council:
- instances of
- religious intolerance
- Unite against & take practical steps to end :
- religious intolerance
- efforts to
- establish collaboration to build
- mutual understanding
- Stresses that it should be done to
- protect individuals of all religions
- promote understanding
- Recognizes Secy. General's call for moderation & mutual respect.
The major differences I spot are the Presidential statement's lack of direct reference to 'Burn a Koran Day' & advocacy of hatred and the addition of condemnation of intolerance.
The draft had plenty of support; the E.U. had condemned the event, so it is probable that the draft would have won a unanimous ballot. Why was it withdrawn at the last moment, without debate and a vote?
Why does the Presidential statement omit mention of the event which inspired the resolution & its substitute? If they seek to prevent future incidents of Qur'an burning, they should be open about it, and specify the act which offends them. Why does the statement omit condemnation of advocacy of religious hatred?
Terry Jones abandoned his project, but Muslims continued to riot. They burned churches, Bibles and flags. Could it be that the Human Rigths Council was caught in a dilemma between condemning Muslim rioters or demonstrating their bias?
Did the statement omit advocacy of religious hatred because the Qur'an is full of it?
The Secretary General of the OIC welcomed the statement and used the occasion to push the OIC agenda.
...The Secretary General emphasized that the statement was particularly timely in view of the growing number of instances of religious intolerance such as discrimination, conflating religion with terrorism, desecrating or destroying holy books and religious sites or shrines. The Secretary General particularly welcomed the call by the Council - being the human rights conscience of the world— upon the international community to stand against all forms of religious intolerance and engage in practical steps to end such intolerance. ...
...He urged the international community to build upon the momentum generated by the consensual statement at the Council, in joining hands with the OIC towards evolving a normative approach to deal with growing instances of religious intolerance that continued to pose a clear and present danger to international community’s efforts and desire for global peace, security and stability.
Lets examine the elements added by Ihsanoglu.
- conflating religion with terrorism
- desecrating or destroying holy books
- religious sites or shrines
- normative approach
- clear and present danger to... global peace, security and stability.
Terror struck into the hearts of the enemies is not only a means, it is the end in itself. Once a condition of terror into the opponent's heart is obtained, hardly anything is left to be achieved. It is the point where the means and the end meet and merge. Terror is not a means of imposing decision upon the enemy; it is me decision we wish to impose upon him.
If the Arabic Qur'an might be holy (which I deny, it is unholy), the translations which were to be burned and those which were torn and burned were English translations, not considered sacred to Islam. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shreds bibles and crucifixes carried into the Kingdom. Will the Human Rights Council and the OIC condemn their policy?
When the PLO invaded & occupied the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, they defecated on the Altar and performed istijia with pages torn from the Bible. Did the Human Rights Commission or the OIC condemn their acts of desecration?
"Normative approach" is a code phrase for legislation. The OIC is behind the HRC's Ad Hoc Committee for the Elaboration of Complementary International Standards, whose mission is to use a protocol to insert the defamation resolutions into ICERD so as to give them the force of law. This issue is flying below the radar, very few people know about it, and those who know ain't telling. Nobody is doing anything effective to stop the travesty of justice. But I will share what I know with you.
- Ad Hoc Cmte On Complementary Stds 125KB pdf compiled from several blog posts.
- Ad Hoc Cmte Draft Document 120KB pdf containing Google's Translation of the French language draft plus links to references and blog posts.
Did International Burn a Qur'an Day" incite Americans to riot, burn property & kill people? What incited riots other than rabid kutbah in the Mosques of Pakistan, Afghanistan & Indonesia and incendiary news coverage?
How can there be religious tolerance when Islam is intolerant and intolerable? Has no one read the Qur'an? 3:85 says that no religion but Islam will be tolerated. 9:33 says that Islam must be made dominant. Ibn Kathir's Tafsir has some instructive titles and topics each of which contains relevant ayat & ahadith.
- The Command to have Enmity towards the Disbelievers and to abandon supporting Them
- The Command to strike the Enemies' Necks, tighten Their Bonds, and then free Them either by an Act of Grace or for a Ransom
- The Order to fight until there is no more Fitnah
- Allah gives Victory to the Believing Group
- The Order for Jihad against the Disbelievers, the Closest, then the Farthest Areas
- The Order to fight to eradicate Shirk and Kufr
- The Order to fight People of the Scriptures until They give the Jizyah
- The Order for Jihad against the Disbelievers and Hypocrites
- The Good News that Muslims will conquer the Known World, and ultimately the Entire World
- The Good News that Muslims will Dominate the People of the Book
- The Good News that Islam shall prevail
- Making Preparations for War to strike Fear in the Hearts of the Enemies of Allah
- Muslims invoke Allah for Help, Allah sends the Angels to help Them
But wait, there's more! Under Islamic law, the blood money for killing a kaffir is significantly discounted.