A U.N. document entitled "Draft Decision on a panel on human rights of victims of terrorism" contains an egregiously obnoxious lie, which is derived from standard boilerplate from the "combating defamation of Islam" resolutions.
or othnic group. (PP11 GA RES 62/ 169)
Terrorism is associated with Islam for good reasons.
Is there some factual basis for asserting that terrorism cannot be associated with Islam? Is there some factual basis for asserting that terrorism should not be associated with Islam? I challenge anyone to post a comment containing whatever relevant, verifiable evidence they may have to prove those most obnoxious assertions.
- The attacks on
- New York
- were perpetrated by Muslims, in Allah's name.
- Allah said that he would cast terror.
- Allah ordered Muslims to build a powerful army to "strike terror".
- Allah "cast terror" so that the Muslims captured and killed their intended victims, plundering their wealth.
- Moe bragged about being "made victorious" by terror.
The fact is clear on the face of Islam's canonical texts.
8:12. (Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes." 8:57. If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember. 8:60. Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of God and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom God doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of God, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly. 33:26. And those of the people of the Scripture who backed them (the disbelievers) Allâh brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts, (so that) a group (of them) you killed, and a group (of them) you made captives. 33:27. And He caused you to inherit their lands, and their houses, and their riches, and a land which you had not trodden (before). And Allâh is Able to do all things. 59:2. He it is Who drove out the disbelievers among the people of the Scripture (i.e. the Jews of the tribe of Banî An-Nadîr) from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think that they would get out. And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allâh! But Allâh's (Torment) reached them from a place whereof they expected it not, and He cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their own dwellings with their own hands and the hands of the believers. Then take admonition, O you with eyes (to see). 59:13. Verily ye [are] stronger [than they], by reason of the terror [cast] into their breasts from God. This, because they [are] not people of prudence. Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 7, Number 331:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind. Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).
The association is clear, direct and unmistakable; it is not susceptible to misinterpretation. Why do the curse worthy fools of the U.N. continue to reaffirm an easily refuted lie? They are convinced that we are stupid, ignorant, gullible fools who will believe any lie if it is repeated with sufficient frequency and 'authority'.