intercultural dialogue, at the local, national and international levels can be among
the best protections against religious intolerance and can play a positive role in
strengthening democracy and combating religious hatred, and expresses its
conviction that a continuing dialogue on these issues can help to overcome existing
open public debate of ideasOpen public debate of the doctrines and practices of Islam is anathema to the authors, & sponsors of the draft resolution. They seek to make all criticism and exposure of Islam a criminal offense. They condemn Fitna and The Innocence of Muslims which introduce some of the most important facts which should be debated.
When the rules of public debate dictate that "...terrorism cannot and should not be associated with any
religion, nationality, civilization or ethnic group.", then the debate is closed & one sided, not open.
protection against intoleranceExactly how would debate & dialog protect against the effects of belief in and attempts to implement these demonic doctrines?
- Choosing a religion other than Islam will never be accepted 3:85.
- Fight Pagans until only Allah is worshiped 8:39
- Fight Jews, Christians & Zoroastrians until they are subjugated and extorted 9:29
- Bring them to Islam with chains on their necks 3:110, Sahih Bukhari 6.60.80
- Acts of terrorism are deeds of righteousness 9:120
existing misperceptionsSuch as?
- "Islam is a great religion of peace."
- "Islam is an equally valid pathway to God."
- "Islam has been hijacked by extremists."